Your order will be sent with DPD's Next Day Delivery service, meaning your order will be delivered the next weekday after it is dispatched. With this service, you'll receive a tracking link that enables you to view your one hour delivery window, and watch the drivers progress towards your address on a real time map. You'll also be able to choose an alternative delivery date or select a neighbour, safe place or pickup point for your parcel to be delivered to.
If you're based in the Scottish Highlands (AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50), the Scottish Islands (HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3), the Isle of Man, the Isle of Wight, the Scilly Isles or Northern Ireland, your order will be sent with Royal Mail's 48 Hour Tracked service. This means your order will be delivered in around three working days with full tracking information provided.
Our couriers do not work on bank holidays. This means that if your order would usually be dispatched or delivered on one of these dates, it will be dispatched or delivered on the following weekday instead:
- Friday, 15th April (Good Friday)
- Sunday, 17th April (Easter Sunday)
- Monday, 18th April (Easter Monday)
- Monday, 2nd May (Early May Bank Holiday)
- Thursday, 2nd June (Spring Bank Holiday)
- Friday, 3rd June (Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday)
- Monday, 29th August (Summer Bank Holiday)
- Sunday, 25th December (Christmas Day)
- Monday, 26th December (Boxing Day)
- Tuesday, 27th December (Christmas Day Substitute)
If your order hasn't been delivered within 3 days of the expected delivery date, let us know by emailing email@example.com. We'll then look into this with the courier, and if they're not able to locate the parcel, we'll dispatch a free of charge replacement for you.
Unfortunately we're not able to deliver to the Channel Islands, PO Boxes or British Forces Post Office addresses.